This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

farmall 100 left outer notched tie rod?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmalljunkie
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27358

farmall 100 left outer notched tie rod?

Postby farmalljunkie » Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:45 am

how does the left outer notched tie rod come out? Any special tools needed? :help: i need to change mine bc it is very loose and sloppy. Also is there a ih# to order by?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: farmall 100 left outer notched tie rod?

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:24 am

It should just slide out after you remove the pinch bolt and clamp. However, it is probably rusted in place from not having been moved in 40 years or more.

On my Cub I had to heat both outer tierod sleeves with the oxy-acetylene torch to get the inner tierod out.

I am not sure if the tierod is still available from IH. If it is you will choke on the price. Tie rod ends are not cheap. Try partstore.caseih.com for online parts books where you can look up the part number.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: farmall 100 left outer notched tie rod?

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:52 am

I am not familiar with a 100, but if it is like most tractors I am familiar with there are a couple cupped seats that fit around the ball of the steering knuckle and are tightened by the large screwslot on the end You may not need the entire rod end.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”