This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

140 cooling

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

140 cooling

Postby Bus Driver » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:57 pm

One of the reasons for the work on the 140 at this time is that the water pump was leaking badly even if the radiator cap was removed to insure no pressure. I have the old pump disassembled awaiting needed repair parts. The radiator had issues also, so it went to the shop. Bad core. Shop sold me new radiator cheaper than a recore price. But new radiator uses smaller filler cap than does the old- and no cap was furnished. The radiator caps at Advance are pressure from 12 up to 20 pounds per square inch. I do not know if the 140 original cap is pressure style, but doubt that it would be that high if it was pressure. Maybe 5 to 7 PSI? I don't need more water pump problems!
So, is the original a pressure cap? What rating?
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 140 cooling

Postby Boss Hog » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:53 pm

7 lbs If it takes the small cap any parts store should be able to fix you up
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”