Farmall A questions

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
tinnerjohn
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 44491
Tractors Owned: 52 Cub, 42 Farmall H 49 Ford 8N (FIL's tractor) and a yard full of implements for them 51 Chevy 3100 PU
Circle of Safety: Y

Farmall A questions

Postby tinnerjohn » Thu May 04, 2017 8:35 pm

I have a chance to buy an A, don't really need it, but the price is right and you guy's all know about that. I'm wondering how rare/ expensive a set of cultivators are for these, and the same question on a leveling/grader blade. This tractor has a belly mower with hand lift, will this lift work for these implements or is the lift implement specific? Also, what size disc would be appropriate? The Cub is 4', my H liked a 7', so I'm guessing 5'. Thanks, John

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall A questions

Postby Jim Becker » Fri May 05, 2017 8:23 am

Cultivators can be found but are much harder to find than for a Super A. IH blade for a Super A can be mounted on an A but the hand lift parts to go with it are hard to find. Hand lift levers and related parts are specific to each individual implement. A 5' disk is about right in most conditions.