connector rod under floor (fast-hitch stowing?)

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Zip Code: 27576

connector rod under floor (fast-hitch stowing?)

Postby 75140 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:00 am

Does anyone have any idea how to stow the fast hitch out of the way with out removing it completely? I noticed the connector under the floor, but I've never seen it used. Would you have any pictures to show how it is done? This will be helpful for cultivating our sweet corn.

Thanks,

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "The Paperweight"
Cub powered IH 52R combine
Grandfather's 1948 Super A
White demo Super A-"Ol Whitey"
1950 Super A "Old Ugly"
1954 Super A-1
Buncha other junk
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: connector rod under floor (fast-hitch stowing?)

Postby Super A » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:41 pm

Disconnect the depth rod that goes to the touch control arm, raise the fast hitch bail and slide the connector where the depth rod was into the connector under the floor, secure with pin. You'll probably want to remove the fast hitch bail, etc. because it'll drag the crop over when you're cultivating.

I need one of those connectors under the floorboard.....been using a small ratchet strap for the last couple years.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.

Zip Code: 27576

Re: connector rod under floor (fast-hitch stowing?)

Postby 75140 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:28 pm

Super A wrote:Disconnect the depth rod that goes to the touch control arm, raise the fast hitch bail and slide the connector where the depth rod was into the connector under the floor, secure with pin. You'll probably want to remove the fast hitch bail, etc. because it'll drag the crop over when you're cultivating.

I need one of those connectors under the floorboard.....been using a small ratchet strap for the last couple years.

Al

Thanks Al. That's what I was thinking, but I want to be sure. I think you may be able to find the part you need from Birch Store Tractors in Burlington, NC. They came up a lot during my internet searches recently.