This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How much to spend?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

How much to spend?

Postby allenlook » Tue Sep 13, 2005 9:41 am

I know what I'd be willing to spend on a Cub in various conditions, but what should I be looking at for the Super A / 100 / 130 / 140 series tractors? From the classifieds, they seem to be way more expensive!
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:00 pm

Well, they're bigger, and rarer, especially the 100, 130, and 140. They made the 140 for the longest time ('59 - '75, IIRC), but only in small quantities. Farms just got too large for these little tractors to be useful any more...

Just keep looking. You'll find what you want at a price you're willing to pay.

ljw
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45042

Postby ljw » Tue Sep 13, 2005 3:52 pm

How much I pay for a particular tractor depends on what I want it for. To me, the best tractor that I would use and want to be reliable is one with original paint and decals that a person is selling due to retirement, one way or another. I don't really want to buy one that is all painter and pretty, I can get them scratched up pretty quick. But that is my personal preference. If I wanted a project tractor, these things wouldn't matter as much. Also, I would determine if it needed mechanical work or body work, or both. And depending on how comfortable I am with each issue, I would make a decision. If you just wanted to make money on it, which is often difficult to do, then cheap is the word, because there is always somebody out there that will buy it no matter what condition it's in. (I've been known to do this) Prices vary across the board. If you want particulars, last year I saw a very nice original A sell at a farm auction for $2,800.00. I thought it was a very good deal. I like the looks of the A. I have a B which runs good, but I haven't had time to make it pretty. Good luck on finding that perfect tractor meant for you. Larry

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”