This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Remote hydraulics on a Super A ?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BullDAWG
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39401
Tractors Owned: 1950 Super A
1955 John Deere 60 (sold)
1950 Cub (sold) 1950 Cub l59 woods belly mower (sold)
1951 Cub (sold) 1950 Cub w/ 5' sicklebar (sold)
Tufline 6' disc (old heavy pull type)
1953+ A-295A 2 furrow SlatWing Plow Chief plow (SA)
1950 cub-193 1 furrow SWPC plow (cub) (sold)
6' home made bush hog. Mounts on drawbar
Circle of Safety: Y

Remote hydraulics on a Super A ?

Postby BullDAWG » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:06 am

I'm not sure how to post only the pics from Tom's post but in this http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=77626 topic do my eyes deceive me or if you look close at it I think I see remote hydros there behind the seat just above the pto. Has anyone done this? How well does it work? Can it lift older hydraulic draw-bar implements ? If you have better pics of this please share and tell us how you did it n how or what you use it on/with

Thanks Chris/ aka DAWG
ImageCircle of Safety
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the GOVERNMENT and I'm here to HELP."
"I DON'T believe in a government that protects US from OURSELVES." R. Reagan

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Re: Remote hydraulics on a Super A ?

Postby Super A » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:29 am

BullDAWG wrote:I'm not sure how to post only the pics from Tom's post but in this http://farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=77626 topic do my eyes deceive me or if you look close at it I think I see remote hydros there behind the seat just above the pto. Has anyone done this? How well does it work? Can it lift older hydraulic draw-bar implements ? If you have better pics of this please share and tell us how you did it n how or what you use it on/with

Thanks Chris/ aka DAWG

Looks like it does to me. I think it will probably lift anything a Super A can pull. IH made a remote hydraulic kit for the Super A, the valve is similar to the valve used on the Super C to adjust the pitch of the fast hitch. In the absence of the kit you can buy everything you need (hoses, fittings, spool valve, etc. at Tractor Supply, Northern Tool, etc.

I'd like to find an original IH setup. This part of the world is eat up with Super A--140s, but I have never seen one in person.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

TWheat
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 33876

Postby TWheat » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:21 pm

I think you will find you need a "by-pass- block" that bolts to the touch control reservoir manifold. I have never seen them at TSC or in their catalogs, but that doesn't mean they never did .

This what mine looks like.
Attachments
hydraulic-block1.jpg

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:58 am

I haven't looked recently, but someone on ebay used to sell the bypass blocks for reasonable prices. Maybe they still do? You need the one for the Super A, the Cub's is different.

The Super A's hydraulics are 3.5GPM at 1500PSI, which was pretty good for its day. Oil capacity is VERY limited, as the system was only designed to run the touch control. If you plan on operating large cylinders you will need an external reservoir.

BullDAWG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BullDAWG » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:18 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote:I haven't looked recently, but someone on ebay used to sell the bypass blocks for reasonable prices. Maybe they still do? You need the one for the Super A, the Cub's is different.

The Super A's hydraulics are 3.5GPM at 1500PSI, which was pretty good for its day. Oil capacity is VERY limited, as the system was only designed to run the touch control. If you plan on operating large cylinders you will need an external reservoir.

Does anyone have pics of how to add an external reservoir ??? I'd like to see how to do that.... THANXZ
ImageCircle of Safety
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the GOVERNMENT and I'm here to HELP."

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:14 am

I'd like to lay my hands on this setup:

It's not a super-high priority item right now, but definitely something I'd like to add to one of my tractors.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Jay'sM
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 13348

Postby Jay'sM » Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:40 pm

This is a total shock to me! I never knew it could be done. I was talking to a stranger at a tractor show who mounted an electric pump on the plow frame ( like the ones used on p/u trucks) for snow plowing. That's just what he did to lift his 6' Jeep snow plow on his A....

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:54 pm

If it's just an A, it won't have provisions for a hydraulic pump so you'd need to add something like an electric snow plow power pack.

This only works on a Super A and newer, with the touch control system.

BullDAWG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BullDAWG » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:22 pm

Matt Kirsch wrote:If it's just an A, it won't have provisions for a hydraulic pump so you'd need to add something like an electric snow plow power pack.

This only works on a Super A and newer, with the touch control system.

You also should add a remote reservoir because of the low amount in the factory touch control (thats what IH did on the FEL's)
ImageCircle of Safety

twotone
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15132
Tractors Owned: 53 F Cub
73 F Cub
53 Super A With Snow/Grader Blade
193 Plow With Colter And Jointer
144 Cultivators
22 Mower

Postby twotone » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:23 am

BullDAWG, I haven't been on here lately. I left the farm in Illinois and moved to Pittsburgh. I kept most of my tractors, including that SA. I bought a bypass block off eBay that goes between the TC unit and the factory hydraulic lines. Outstanding quality for the price. Can't remember what I paid, but it was pretty inexpensive for a quality part. I bought an old Case 12' disc and narrowed it to 8', added a hydraulic cylinder, and added an axle and wheels that I made. Very heavy disc. I wanted to pull it without tearing up my yard, and transport it. That was all the hydraulics were used for, raising and lowering the disc. No external resorvoir. No problem lifting that very heavy disc at all. also I had to buy the hoses,hydraulic valve and couplers. I got those at a Big R store in Morris Illinois. TSC, Farm & Fleet etc. Farm stores should be able to fix you up.
Know Your Cub, And Your Cub Will Know You.

Tom

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”