This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Should I buy this tractor? (not rhetorical)

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
booboo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 60407

Re: Should I buy this tractor? (not rhetorical)

Postby booboo » Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:21 pm

Washer/shim for bull gear.rock wheel side to side listen for odd sound.easy fix .also remove valve cover check push rod /oil drains are notl sludged up would cause engine smokeand slow death .they did not have detergent oil to keep engines clean.good luck .nicebuy parts are worth that much.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby danovercash » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:56 am

May have wasted the points also. Washer is probably thrust washer from bull gear, may be related to fourth gear whine.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

easydog
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 27893
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby easydog » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:05 pm

Thanks for the responses. I did shake the wheel back and forth, didn't notice any movement for 3-4 shakes, then poof, there it was, a subtle wiggling of the wheel. When you say easy fix, how much of the assembly do I need to remove? I've been looking at the how to page regarding wheels and breaks but I'm not sure how much I need to disassemble.

booboo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 60407

Postby booboo » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:30 pm

If it is left side they have a pully drive sticking out remove bolt the
T holds it in .then remove tire and weights .then the four bolts that hold lower axle.when you pull it outwatch what way bull at is facing mark it.on the in side between wheels there is a spacer .and one on inside.mine had play so I went to hard ware store bought several at different thicknesses found one I liked .have not had any problems since. Mine is a work dog every day not for show.you may have to test by reasemling bull gear then wiggle it to find the right shim. Good luck don't sweat it.booboo

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”