This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Brass nuts

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
minkbigbird
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 2794

Brass nuts

Postby minkbigbird » Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:03 am

G'Day all. I was lucky to find a Heat Shield on e-bay for my SAV and was thinking should I replace all the nuts on the exhaust manifold with the slightly longer brass nuts some times used on auto's? I had to remove the exhaust manifold to replace the two broken studs on the top that hold the shield in position the centre lower stud is still OK.The nuts on the manifold where steel, did they use brass at the factory? if not is there a problem with using brass? This should make it easier to remove in the future. thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Brass nuts

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:22 am

I have seen them both ways n many engines. I believe the regular manifold nuts may be made out of an alloy that does not rust as easily as normal steel. Your local auto parts store should be able to supply you with the proper nuts.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

twotone
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15132
Tractors Owned: 53 F Cub
73 F Cub
53 Super A With Snow/Grader Blade
193 Plow With Colter And Jointer
144 Cultivators
22 Mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Brass nuts

Postby twotone » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:16 am

I use anti-seize on exhaust manifold nuts and they come off no problem.
Know Your Cub, And Your Cub Will Know You.

Tom

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”