This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

HEAT SHIELD.

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
minkbigbird
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 2794

HEAT SHIELD.

Postby minkbigbird » Mon May 26, 2014 5:21 am

G'Day all. Can any one help with a supplier if any for the heat shield that bolts to the exhaust manifold? the top bolts on my manifold have sheared off at some time in it's life but the lower bolt is still Ok and the shield has gone too, are these reproduced? I brought a parts book for my SAV which shows what it should be.The time to remove the broken bolts is now while it's all off the tractor.

Also while I'm here what colour should the cultivator cutting tips be? if that's the correct wording, I have done the shanks and tool bars and a pair of plant shields blue but can't seem to see any colour uniformity on the bolt on cutting points,4 lower and 2 at the rear. Thanks.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: HEAT SHIELD.

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon May 26, 2014 9:00 pm

I would go with Flat Black for the cultivator points.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Tue May 27, 2014 7:35 am

Every now and again a shield will show up on Ebay. I am not aware of anyone making them. I don't have one for my Super A, since I just run it on gas I don't really worry about it much....the two top studs after 65-66 years have rusted to just little "points" but since the bottom stud is in the cold part of the manifold it is perfect.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

minkbigbird
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 2794

Postby minkbigbird » Wed May 28, 2014 3:09 am

Thanks for your help. The search for the manifold shield is not to make the engine warm up quicker,I just don't like the burnt paint look and as it looks as it was there originally would like to put it back.
Sad to say my SAV will never turn a sod this whole exercise started with a tractor to stop my vintage track bouncing empty on the way to truck shows, but am slowly turning into some one who has become possibly a little too interested in Farmall's so far I have resisted the temptation to bring home spare parts tractors.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”