This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front cultivators

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Denny Clayton
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45365
Tractors Owned: Home to "Rusty", the 2007 and 2009 Cub Tug Champion.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Front cultivators

Postby Denny Clayton » Tue May 06, 2014 9:38 am

Johnny Lindqvist wrote:Yeah that's everything I have. The link on tractor shed is interesting. Seems like to many pieces to track down and hope I buy the correct pieces.

Johnny, you could spend the next 10 years tracking them down. That full set in CT sounds a little high for my area but is probably in the ball park in your area. They are only about 2 1/2 hours away AND THEY EXIST. Think about it. Have Boss Hog look at the picture and he can probably confirm their completeness.
'61 Lo-Boy
'60 FH Lo-Boy
'60 Lo-Boy
'57 FH Cub "Rusty" (CubTug winner 2007 & 2009)
Member of Ohio Chapter 6
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue May 06, 2014 9:50 am

Denny Clayton wrote:That full set in CT sounds a little high for my area but is probably in the ball park in your area. They are only about 2 1/2 hours away AND THEY EXIST. Think about it. Have Boss Hog look at the picture and he can probably confirm their completeness.

That looks like an essentially complete set. There are no plant shields, which is true of many sets of cultivators. Depending on your intended use, that may not matter to you. It does not have a rear rockshaft, which isn't considered part of the cultivators but a separate attachment of the tractor. You may already have one. If not, you would need one to use the rear section of the cultivator. It looks like the spring of the right front pressure rod may be stretched/damaged. If so, it may be a negotiation point on price. It isn't a problem for you because you have a spare.

You can see that it has 6 spring trips on the front and 4 spring teeth on the rear, which is pretty well equipped for most needs.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Tue May 06, 2014 5:09 pm

Johny, as Jim said it looks to be complete for the most part. It is an older set. Both front spring appear to be damaged. The rear gang beam bearing appear to be the older style.
Judging from the points on the shanks it has not seen any use in a while as they are not set up very well. I would offer him $400 and see what happens. down here sets for a SA-140 will bring from $400 to $800 depending on condition.
Boss
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Johnny Lindqvist
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01568
Tractors Owned: 58 Loboy
49 Super A

Postby Johnny Lindqvist » Mon May 19, 2014 5:50 pm

Hey guys thanks for all the advice and knowledge. We have been so busy on the farm that I haven't been able to check in. I'm gonna see if the set in Ct is still available.
Johnny Lindquist
1958 Fast Hitch Lo Boy with Woods 59CL-3 Mower Deck, L38 Disc Harrow, F194 Plow and L54 Blade

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon May 26, 2014 9:06 pm

Yeah, you don't have much there....especially with the bent/broken parts. I would say you have the 2 pressure spring arms, and some parts. Looking for a complete cultivator is what you need to focus on. They can be had and we can help you assess its condition and completeness.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”