Re: Super A magneto problem

Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:47 pm

Stumbled across this picture while I was looking for parts online. I looked at the pic and thought..what a beautiful A!.....Then I noticed the plastic bag over the magneto :lol: and I immediately thought of this post....Looks like others are having "Moisture" problems..
Small A.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Haha that's so weird, I wonder why that person bothered? Especially since it looks like a show/trailer queen anyway lol

I took mine off, dried it and replaced the gaskets. I'm absolutely serious when I say this, everyone should take a look at the condition of the gaskets on their magnetos. Whether it be a Cub, Super A, H or whatever. If you have at least one gasket that is crap, chances are that the rest are just as bad. They are cheap and easy to replace, and re-timing the governor is really simple. It rained all day today and with the new gaskets on there I had ZERO problems with it. I popped the coil cover just to check and its as dry as a bone.

Many times its the little things that can cause such a fuss.

Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:34 pm

CPIII wrote:Stumbled across this picture while I was looking for parts online. I looked at the pic and thought..what a beautiful A!.....Then I noticed the plastic bag over the magneto :lol: and I immediately thought of this post....Looks like others are having "Moisture" problems..
When I take my magneto powered tractors to a show where they will set out overnight, possibly in a rain I wrap the magnetos also. I have one that sets under a lean too rather than inside the shed, which the magneto stays wrapped all the time. it starts much better that way.