This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super A magneto problem

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
CPIII
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77355
eBay ID: czechiii
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub SN 54XXX (Captain Crunch)
47 Farmall A (Patches)
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Super A magneto problem

Postby CPIII » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:47 pm

Stumbled across this picture while I was looking for parts online. I looked at the pic and thought..what a beautiful A!.....Then I noticed the plastic bag over the magneto :lol: and I immediately thought of this post....Looks like others are having "Moisture" problems..
Small A.JPG
Small A.JPG (215.79 KiB) Viewed 79 times
Charles Patek III
Some days - Chicken.......Some days - Feathers
Words to live by....

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

Postby havoc1482 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:17 pm

Haha that's so weird, I wonder why that person bothered? Especially since it looks like a show/trailer queen anyway lol

I took mine off, dried it and replaced the gaskets. I'm absolutely serious when I say this, everyone should take a look at the condition of the gaskets on their magnetos. Whether it be a Cub, Super A, H or whatever. If you have at least one gasket that is crap, chances are that the rest are just as bad. They are cheap and easy to replace, and re-timing the governor is really simple. It rained all day today and with the new gaskets on there I had ZERO problems with it. I popped the coil cover just to check and its as dry as a bone.

Many times its the little things that can cause such a fuss.
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:34 pm

CPIII wrote:Stumbled across this picture while I was looking for parts online. I looked at the pic and thought..what a beautiful A!.....Then I noticed the plastic bag over the magneto :lol: and I immediately thought of this post....Looks like others are having "Moisture" problems..
When I take my magneto powered tractors to a show where they will set out overnight, possibly in a rain I wrap the magnetos also. I have one that sets under a lean too rather than inside the shed, which the magneto stays wrapped all the time. it starts much better that way.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”