Super A shutters

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:32 pm

Helping a friend get his running. It has a notched quadrant similar to the throttle quadrant; located to the left and below the TC levers. The rod went forward and ended in a coupling below the generator. In the Super A manual, it shows shutters as an option. I was unaware that shutters were used with gas engines, or that a Super A was available for use with distillate fuel. What would have been the indication for them on a Super A? Just curious.

Thanks, Bob

Re: Super A shutters

Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:36 pm

I know of a wide front H with shutters.

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:30 pm

A distillate option was available for the Super A, which would have included shutters. There was also a separate option for shutters on a gasoline Super A.

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:05 am

Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:26 am

My great-uncle has a '49 Super A gasoline tractor with shutters. Also includes a heat indicator.

Al

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:55 am

Thanks guys, we'll probably remove the rod unless the PO still has the shutters.

Bob

Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:59 am

Bob McCarty wrote:Thanks guys, we'll probably remove the rod unless the PO still has the shutters.

Bob

Chances are the shutters themselves are long gone. However, hang onto the rod, etc. Someone will eventually need them. Over the years, every bid of the shutter hardware had been removed from my "pretty" Super A, and I had a TIME finding everything for it.

Al