This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

(Super A) How do I properly mount these plows?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 01085
eBay ID: havoc1482
Tractors Owned: _______ 1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: @havoc1482

(Super A) How do I properly mount these plows?

Postby havoc1482 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:55 am

Hello! I recently purchased a Super A and It came with these two plows. I have the drawbar and the draft control pieces. I just don't know how to properly mount these things, if they are even the right kinds of plows for this tractor.

Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

IH Collectors Club New England (Chapter 18)

Western Mass. (The 413)

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

bob in CT
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 06040
Tractors Owned: 77 Cub (red); 74 Cub; 52 Cub; 50 Cub ( post-demo)

Re: (Super A) How do I properly mount these plows?

Postby bob in CT » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:12 pm

Not sure if you have all the parts.
There is a large plow parts manual that has all the parts for a complete A-189 (what you have). It is 30 meg in size and it is located here: http://www.farmallcub.com/[ Sorry, direct links to manual section is not allowed. ]/files/Plow%20parts/PO-9%20Rev%2040%20%204-84%20OCR.pdf . If that is too big, I can cut out section H for you and send it via email. The picture is not that great, but at least you will see all the rockshaft and trip lever parts you need for the plow.

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby havoc1482 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:32 pm

Thank you! I think I found the section. Here are a couple more photos. This is how I put it on the tractor, but this is all guesswork. I don't really know what I'm doing haha

Am I supposed to mount both plows or just 1? And If its 1, does it need to be centered more?
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

Western Mass. (The 413)

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:55 pm

It's very similar to a Cub 2-way plow, except the depth control is hydraulically operated because the Super A has two rockshafts on the touch control.

Looks like you've got the depth control mounted on the left. It should be in the center hole of the drawbar, and connect to the arm on the RIGHT side of the tractor.

Looks like you are missing the hold-up latching mechanism to allow you to lower only one plow at a time.

I believe manuals are available. This is the "189" or maybe "A-189" plow. Cub version is "Cub-189."

partstore.caseih.com has a full parts manual for it online.

havoc1482
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby havoc1482 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Wait, The depth control is attached to the center hole in the drawbar in the picture, or am I thinking of something else? We're talking about the bar that comes off the hydraulic and attaches into the drawbar?

The plow is bolted into the drawbar on the left side and hanging from the left arm in the rear (Looking from behind)

And since I don't have the part that allows me to lower them independently, would I still be able to get by with just using 1 plow?

Sorry for the confusion, I'm really green with this stuff.

Also, thank you for the URL
Mike

I bleed Black & Gold

Western Mass. (The 413)

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Near as I can tell from the pictures, essentially all of it is there and you have it mounted about right. I can't say which are the right drawbar holes to mount the plow beams, what wheel spacing works best, etc. Unless somebody else can give you the specifics, you should get a manual for the plows. You should anyway. Binder Books probably has a reprint.

It looks to me like you have the correct rear rockshaft on the tractor to latch each side up independent of the other. Can't see it well enough to know if all parts are there.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:05 pm

You have it all the best I can tell, I have a manual I think, but will have to look it up
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:52 pm

In your first picture, it looks like the depth control bar is mounted on the LEFT side of the drawbar, right next to the LEFT plow beam.

If it is mounted in the center hole, then you've got the plow mounted too far to the right. The plow should be mounted right on the corner of the drawbar AFAIK. The angle of the holes on the plow mounting plate match up best there.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”