Restoration Project: O' Whitey

Farmall Super A, AV, 1939 - 1954

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

Re: Restoration Project: O' Whitey

Postby 61Cub51 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:53 pm

Super A wrote:I had forgotten to post a pic of my screwed up serial number plate:

007.JPG

Thankfully, I have been able to decipher it, thank goodness for casting codes.

Aaand....that pretty white paint!
005.JPG

One more thing. The IH Archives at the University of WI has full digital copies of Harvester World magazine online. Thought it would be fun to look for white demo information in some of the issues in '49-'50. Found a VERY interesting pic on the cover of the May, 1950 issue:

Harvester World white Super A.JPG

Look at the Super A emblem. Normally there would be the word CULTI-VISION in white at the bottom of the circle. In other words, CULTI-VISION would form the bottom part of the circle. The decal on this tractor is a solid black/white bordered circle, like a normal A, B, C, or circle Cub decal. I had wondered how they handled the fact that these letters were in white and wouldnt' show up well on white paint, I guess now we know!

By the way, the reason there is a NATIONALIZED sign on the IH dealer's window, and the guy is holding a Soviet/communist newspaper is because 1950 was during the early Cold War and this small town was staging a mock takeover to illustrate the dangers of communism. Pretty interesting article in and of itself.

Al

That is interesting . I think you did a great job on finding out the missing number or at least getting close .
61Cub51

Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1949 Farmall C
1950 Farmall Cub White demo
1951 Farmall Cub
1951 Farmall Super C
1958 Farmall 240
1961 International Cub Lo Boy
1961 Farmall 504
1963 Farmall 140

Previous

Return to Farmall A, Super A, AV