This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How to Locate Model?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Cub Junk
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70062

How to Locate Model?

Postby Cub Junk » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Probably somewhere in here, you all have info on how to determine a Cub's model number/name?
I have got our Cub's serial number, determined she was 1957, not 1947, as sold. (I figure that was an honest mistake, made no real diff to us.) We didn't buy her for an antique with provenance.
How do I find her model? I think she may be an A, but help? her serial # is six numbers, starts with 203, followed by the J for the Rockford clutch. So, seems certain she's a 1957, also jives with the frame & engine casting numbers. Model? The serial number plate is, as with many others, pretty thoroughly destroyed. I, too, believe she may have been either stolen somewhere in her past, or previously painted by an idiot. Why are men so destructive? A little respect for the old things!!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: How to Locate Model?

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:44 pm

Your tractor is a Farmall Cub. No other model name or number. Just Cub. :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: How to Locate Model?

Postby SONNY » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Look at internet pics. of a cub and then look at the A,---NOT anywhere near the same tractor,---A is much bigger and wider than cub! thanks; sonny

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”