This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Removing front axle bolster assembly

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
chaser
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36793

Removing front axle bolster assembly

Postby chaser » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:07 pm

Recently acquired a Super A that is needing a total engine rebuild. I've been trying to remove the front end and just roll it away and can't figure out how to hold the nut on the back of the bolt that is inside the steering assembly. The bolt/nut is on the hydraulic pump side of the engine. I found the hole in the front but a socket won't fit through the hole. Also trying to understand how I would hold the nut to start it back when I put it back together (if I ever get it off!). Any suggestions?

Thanks, Brad

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

chaser
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36793

Re: Removing front axle bolster assembly

Postby chaser » Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:57 pm

Got the nut off the bolt. Put a big pry bar in the hole to wedge the nut enough to get the bolt loose. Still haven't figured out how I will get it back on but will cross that bridge when I get there. Maybe a magnet will hold it enough to get it started.

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Removing front axle bolster assembly

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:01 pm

We are about to remove the front casting also. Got one that has a cracked steering gear housing. Got a good tight one and it will be easy to just remove the whole axle and bolster and replace it all. The sad part is....the tractor with the cracked housing has good tight steering.
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”