This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SA planter and fertilizer chain

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gerry Powell
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 78736
Tractors Owned: two 1948 Cubs
1951 Super A
Kubota L2350

SA planter and fertilizer chain

Postby Gerry Powell » Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:53 am

I found the planter and fertilizer drives for my SA and put them on yesterday but I'm confused about how the chain connects from the planter to the fertilizer. The planter has two gears the same size next to each other. One needs to be connected to the fertilizer drive but the gear on the fertilizer doesn't line up. I took a few pictures, maybe someone could put up a picture of their SA drives showing how it should be connected together.
Gerry
Attachments
SA_drives3_front view-vert.jpg
SA_drives3_front view-vert.jpg (331.08 KiB) Viewed 493 times

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: SA planter and fertilizer chain

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:51 pm

Here is a picture of a Super A we installed a planter on a few years back. If this doesn't help, I could also get you some more pictures of other units on different tractors. See if the shaft on the fertilizer base (where the gear is attached) will slide in or out to line it up with the rest of the planter gears. Maybe it is out of adjustment??
Attachments
IMAG0501.jpg
IMAG0501.jpg (259.12 KiB) Viewed 469 times
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”