This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Battery Completly Discharging While Runniong

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
djohnston47
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19551

Battery Completly Discharging While Runniong

Postby djohnston47 » Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:45 am

I'm having a problem with the battery discharging while the tractor is in use. I have converted a 1953 super A from 6 to 12 volts. I was thinking that instead of charging, that the alternator is discharging the battery while in use. I don't know if that is even possible. Any and all help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks
DJ

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Re: Battery Completly Discharging While Runniong

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:14 am

when you replaced the battery with a 12 volt one did you connect it with the - pole grounded? alternators with rare exceptions are negative ground rather than the positive ground on the original 6 volt systems.What kind of alternator did you use? Many of the one wire alternators have to be revved up quite a bit to get them to charge. If you used one of the 10SI or equivalents it needs to be wired like this.

If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

djohnston47
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 19551

Re: Battery Completly Discharging While Runniong

Postby djohnston47 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 10:21 am

Thank you John,

I used this exact diagram to wire in the 12 volt system. I do believe the new battery is deffective and is now being replaced, so I will hope for the best.

Thanks Again
DJ

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”