This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SA Transmission Problem???

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: SA Transmission Problem???

Postby Dale Finch » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:33 pm

I will be leaving DSCF tomorrow and continuing on down to Flywheelers for a few days, then back to NC. Then I plan to finish up the shifter. I will definitely check and make sure the guide is in good condition...thanks for the heads up! I hate to use the replacement shifter, because it has a lot of pitting in the shaft and would need to be painted, but we will see. Boss said it was definitely worn where the shifter slides to change gears...maybe a third thinner than it should be. I'll probably dismantle the replacement one to see how badly it is worn...no sense cleaning up and painting one that is worn just as badly! If it is not better, maybe it will be time for a trip to Boss'???!!!

Of course another option is to have the end built up, then ground down to the proper width...updates to follow!!!
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”