This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Refurb and repair of 3 point on SA

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Song
10+ Years
10+ Years

Refurb and repair of 3 point on SA

Postby Song » Mon May 31, 2010 7:55 pm

I had have noticed loose bolts, slack, and over all sloppyness in the 3 point set up on my SA. This afternoon I started dismantling it for repair and some changes in it.

The finals have not been bare in MANY years it appeared. The plates were touch to get off and stuck to the finals. WD40 and some prodding got them off.

Here are the plates I took off. The bolts that are vertical is what held the arms on the to the plate. I am going to replace those bolts with the bolt pins that you see on the left plate.

I am also going to use the bolt up pin on the top section of the lift to attach the adjusters to the lower arms replacing the existing nut and bolt configuration.

Bare as it can be. I'll work on it some more tomorrow

One of my goals in this little bit of work is the ability to get the 3 point hitch off and on as easy as the 274 is. You can strip it off in a few seconds and back on when needed.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”