This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Night owling it with the SA

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Song
10+ Years
10+ Years

Night owling it with the SA

Postby Song » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:53 am

Just came in form working in the SA some. Got that steering wheel off and replaced. Wasn't near as hard and I had build it up to be. I figured I would be having to pray it off after hearing stories about them. It came off very easy so I was happy about that.

I started replacing the light reflectors and gaskets. I replaced one and couldn't get it to ground well at all so I took a hose clamp and placed it around the back base of the light socket and slide a wire between and tightened it down some. On the other end of the wire I placed an eye loop and put a small bolt and nut through the original ground screw hole and it worked great. I closed it all back up and made sure it was sealed up well since that was the light that is bent. That one is working perfect now. Since it was so late and I drive 2 1/2 hours to come work on it this weekend I decided to do the other three in the morning. I am going to stick the disc on the back and disc some garden to see how it handles then I am going to pull the left final drive off and see why the brake on that side is not working too well. I'll have some video of the discing and pics of removal of the final drive.

Song
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Night owling it with the SA

Postby Song » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:29 pm

I got the lights all completed and working tonight. I replaced the original light switch and placed all three lights on an on/off toggle.

dirtyred
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 31648
Tractors Owned: 1949 farmall cub (tinkerbell) 1949 allis chalmers(ole bess) 1949-50 ?john deere model a

Postby dirtyred » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:38 am

hey buddy is that roys old tractor? 8)
He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: Proverbs 12:11

Song
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Song » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:14 pm

The dang shut off switch broke this morning when I pulled it out to start. I added another toggle in for that. Maybe I'm done replacing switches :D

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”