This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Minor setback on "new" A

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Minor setback on "new" A

Postby Super A » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:47 am

I went to Agri Supply yesterday and got a gallon can of PB Blaster to put in the cylinders on my '40 A I drug home last weekend. #1 didn't look too bad in there. I was filled with cautious optimism. #2 you could see water inside. :( I stuck my funnel in the plug hole and put about half the can of PB in there to try and flush out the water.

The other cylinders didn't look too bad. They're all full of PB now. I was so hoping that maybe the rings were just stuck a little bit, but I am afraid #2 is in pretty bad shape. Gonna let her soak a while and see what happens. I expect I'll be putting new sleeves and pistons in before it's all over.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

KETCHAM
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44645
eBay ID: kevinb2366
Tractors Owned: 47 Cub 48 Cub 50 H

Re: Minor setback on "new" A

Postby KETCHAM » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:32 pm

How long outside??? Kevin :?: :?:
47 CUB[Krusty] 49 CUB[Ollie] 50 H-- PLOWS DISCS MOWERS AND lots more stuff!!Life is to short -Have fun now cause ya ain't gonna be here long!!!!

Song
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Song » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:49 pm

Man this sucks.

Phillip W. Lenke
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43449

Postby Phillip W. Lenke » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:54 am

Keep at it. one at a time. Set a goal for yourself say , to focus on getting one out. then quit. then on to another , another day and so on. That way you will not overwhelm yourself . While restoring our BN I started doing this and it was a great experience. I took my time had small victories that carried me on to the next issue, when I got to the M it was great , as I had the same details you have. I had to tell myself ,what is the hurry , hurried work is never good work. Breaking things etc.
Try it ,it will calm you down and you will be smiling. It did me.
I know full well the overwhelming feeling of trying to get to much done ,with so much to do, and nothing accomplished.
Phil
"Work Hard ,Play Often,Care Always"

badboy1950
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby badboy1950 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:22 pm

Phil thats good advice .
Dan

VAcub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 23061
eBay ID: Jgclark3
Tractors Owned: -
49 cub
48 cub
52 super A
04 JD 345
43 JD B
79 cub

Postby VAcub » Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:41 pm

Phillip W. Lenke wrote:Keep at it. one at a time. Set a goal for yourself say , to focus on getting one out. then quit. then on to another , another day and so on. That way you will not overwhelm yourself . While restoring our BN I started doing this and it was a great experience. I took my time had small victories that carried me on to the next issue, when I got to the M it was great , as I had the same details you have. I had to tell myself ,what is the hurry , hurried work is never good work. Breaking things etc.
Try it ,it will calm you down and you will be smiling. It did me.
I know full well the overwhelming feeling of trying to get to much done ,with so much to do, and nothing accomplished.
Phil

Great comment! I think we all run into trying to get things done quick.....
Wisdom comes with age, I just haven't reached that age yet.......LOL

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”