This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Dating an F-20?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ronny Bailey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77802
eBay ID: ronnyb.east.texas
Tractors Owned: 1938 Farmall F-20
Grandpa's '49 Cub #82289
194x Gibson Model D
1953 Allis Chalmers CA

Re: Dating an F-20? (more pictures)

Postby Ronny Bailey » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:06 pm

Jim Becker wrote:These tractors had a coil spring around the shift lever (similar to on the Cub) that presses down on the socket cap. Is that what you are describing?
That's right. So apparently, it's a Regular three-speed.

The displacement was increased on the F-20s; do you think a bore measurement would tell us which engine it has?
I don't know what the bore was on either engine, but I'm sure that info could be found.
Does the date code help any?

Since we also have the Gibson and the Plymouth pickup that need to be fixed up, this one is low on the priority list and it's likely that I may never get around to working on it.
It doesn't have the long family history the other things do. It's a lot bigger than we need and would need much more work than I am able to do.
I'd like to identify the engine and other parts so that if someone does work on it some day, they won't have to spend a lot of time figuring all that out. Also, I want to do what I can to keep it from deteriorating any more.

I actually contacted a Farmall club in Dallas a few years ago trying to find someone to give it to, but nobody seemed to be interested in it. One guy wanted it for parts, but wasn't willing to come and get it. I'd really like to see someone get it running again rather than just parting it out.

I plan on cleaning out the cylinders and putting the head back on it. Is there anything else I should do?
Ronny
“If it ain’t broke, I haven’t 'fixed' it yet”

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”