This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

what make s a "super? a "super"

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
68427vette
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 68427vette » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:35 pm

a super c,

i guess my question, is,, should i look for a "super" version, of a tractor,, over a standard, ie "farmall c", when looking for a tractor,,
they all seam to be prices the same,, super vrs standard..

jc
Looking to buy any WWII stuff!! jeeps, armor, anything wwii, or Korean,, I am envolved with the veterans and do many parades with my Halftrack, and other WW2 trucks,, and i like tractors, if you find anything send pics to me at jefferychester@yahoo.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:45 pm

I guess it sort of depends on what you want to do. For example, if you go from a C to a Super C, you might find a Super with a Fast Hitch (2 point.) The biggest difference between a M and an early Super M would be disk brakes, faster transmission speeds, and a little more HP. You sorta have to look at the model you are considering and look at what the improvements were when going from a 'straight' to a 'Super.'

Remember too that IH did running improvements to their tractors. For example, Fast Hitch came later into Super C production. The Super M later got live hydraulics. Again you gotta research the model you're interested in and decide if the "upgrades" are worth it to you or not.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

68427vette
10+ Years
10+ Years

got one

Postby 68427vette » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:15 am

got it!!

did i do ok??

http://cgi.ebay.com/Used-International- ... dZViewItem
now i need a plow, disk, etc.....

he said it does not have hydraulics?? he must be thinking, extra ones?? althought it was late when i talked to him,,
Looking to buy any WWII stuff!! jeeps, armor, anything wwii, or Korean,, I am envolved with the veterans and do many parades with my Halftrack, and other WW2 trucks,, and i like tractors, if you find anything send pics to me at jefferychester@yahoo.com

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”