This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Taking off the rear wheels....

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

Taking off the rear wheels....

Postby Joey » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:04 pm

I got pics of the Super AV I recently purchased but our computer caught a virus and is in the shop. I'm currently using my wife's laptop to read the board and it's not configured for taking pics off the camera. I'm going to try to use my work computer if I can squeeze in a few free minutes.

I need help trying to figure out how to block up the tractor and remove both rear wheels for cleaning and priming. What's the best to stabilize the tractor for an extended period of time while the wheels get cleaned up? I'm used to working with Cubs and this tractor is my first big one.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:15 am

Wood cribbing should do the job. Some 6 X 6's or 8 X 8's would be a good start.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Virginia Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24095
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub
'49 JD "B"
'79 JD 2040
'50 DB "Garden Tractor"
'52 DB "Super Power"
'56 DB "Big 5"
'62 DB "Super 600"
'37 McCormick Deering "LA" engine

Postby Virginia Mike » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:35 am

If you place blocks on the front axle so it can't piviot, that will help stabilize the tractor.
Best,
Mike

Joey
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70403

Postby Joey » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:17 am

What's the best support point, the circular diamond faced area under the rear finals? Also, what kind of jack would you use? I have a small floor jack but I don't think it's big enough to lift the tractor.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:00 pm

A bottle jack will work fine as Va Mike said wedge the front axle I use wood blocks and place them right under each axle hub put chucks at front and back of front tires
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:09 pm

Joey wrote:What's the best support point, the circular diamond faced area under the rear finals? Also, what kind of jack would you use?
I use a floor jack and jack up on one side of the drawbar frame. Then crib up under the axle, or could be the bucket loader frame - depending on how the tractor is equiped. Neighbor and I used the bottom/main bracket of the 3 point a few days ago when we put on his tire chains. Wheel not being worked on, brake locked, chocks front and rear and chocks on front wheels.

I use floor jacks - cause things slip - and you do not want to be under the tractor.

Cribbing. I have access to sections of large tree trunks, 12 to 18 inches in diameter. I cut them in pairs so I have a pair about 18" long and another about 24" long. I use them as the base then crib up as necessary.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”