This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Help on hooking up fast hitch on supper a

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613
Circle of Safety: Y

Help on hooking up fast hitch on supper a

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:57 pm

Was putting fast hitch on my super a today, everything was going fine untill I tried to put the helper spring on. The hole where the pin fits into
is to small in the tractor This is the little hole that is behind the fender and behind where the bolt that goes into the torque tube to hold the helper spring bracket. Not enough room to drill it out larger. And when plowing, do you use the draft link or connect under the floorboard?

Thanks David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:10 pm

The draft link is for controlling the depth of the plow, so I'd imagine you'd want it hooked up to the other touch control arm for plowing.

Sorry, can't help on the hole... Use a smaller pin in the hole, and bush it out?

Would it be possible to fabricate a helper spring bracket that mounts elsewhere on the tractor?

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:55 pm

Thanks Matt,

I may have to fabricate a bracket. should be able to use it with out the helper spring till I can figue it out, just a one bottom plow
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35

Postby Daniel H. » Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:56 am

I think you have the wrong hole. The bracket should mount in the hole just below the front battery box bolt. Maybe you have the bracket reversed? Heres a picture of my Super A and you can see the hole with the large boss around it on the torque tube. Sorry for the large picture.

Daniel

The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:57 pm

Yes the bolt goed there. tThere is also a point on the other end that goes into a hole back where the transmission bolts up. Kinda anchoring point.
NICE looking super a
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog

Daniel H.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27055
Tractors Owned: 1951 Super A
1955 Cub Lo-boy
1955 Ferguson TO-35

Postby Daniel H. » Thu Feb 01, 2007 11:07 am

David,

Thanks for the compliment. Dad (that's him in the background) used the tractor in the tobacco patch from the 50's to the eighties. We rebuilt it in 2000 and now I use it in the garden and for odd jobs. Good luck with the fast hitch, but I think it should bolt up. I know IH had instructions for putting the fast hitch on a Super A. I saw them at a junk yard in Cascade,VA.

Daniel
The four most expensive words in tractor restoration: "We might as well..."

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Boss Hog » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:39 pm

Well, we had some snow so I was able to take off today, me and my brother got the fast hitch all the way on. Took off the fenderoiff and low and behold there was another hole above the one that was to small fit right in. That big bout was a dog to get line up though.
Think I will paint the fender before I put it back on, got it soaking in the rust tank tonight.
Thanks for the help
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”