This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Super A water pump addition

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Bus Driver
10+ Years
10+ Years

Super A water pump addition

Postby Bus Driver » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:24 pm

What other parts would be required to install this on a Super A? Would they be difficult to find?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Water-Pump-Farm ... dZViewItem
Luck favors those who are prepared

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:00 pm

To do the complete conversion, you would also need a water outlet elbow that will take a thermostat (which you also would need). It takes a different fan belt. I don't think you would need a different upper radiator support, but not sure. You should also change the head gasket.

The only part that is probably hard to find would be the outlet. It would have to come from a Farmall C or early U-2 power unit. The Super C outlet takes a larger hose.

I number of people report just putting on the pump without the other parts and getting good results. I assume they are the same guys that fix an overheating truck by removing the thermostat and running it that way.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:52 am

Most people just put the pump on them and let that be it. Frankly I have always thought that the only time you would need to add a water pump would be if you were just absolutely pulling its living guts out 24/7 when it's 100 deg. outside.

Jim, if you added the upper port for the thermostat, would you have to use the taller Super C, etc. radiator too? Then you would have to get a Super C, etc. grille, etc. etc. etc. and the list goes on......

Bus Driver, FWIW I have a water pump with less than 250 hrs. on it that'll fit a Super A. When I had mine overhauled during restoration, the mechanic thought I needed it. He didn't like the "gurgling" you hear after you shut a thermosyphon cooled engine off. When I got into painting, etc. I took it off and made it thermosyphon again.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:07 pm

Super A wrote:Jim, if you added the upper port for the thermostat, would you have to use the taller Super C, etc. radiator too? Then you would have to get a Super C, etc. grille, etc. etc. etc. and the list goes on......

Al

That is why I said to get the hard to find outlet from a C or early U-2.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”