This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Time to pick a loader...

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Time to pick a loader...

Postby allenlook » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:43 pm

Well I figure it's about time to figure out which loader I'm going to use around the homestead... I mostly use it for lifting stuff and moving it around more than anything :) Like moving my snowplow without throwing out my back, etc.

I don't have piles of manure or dirt to move around, so it's more of a back-saver device.

I've got the Henderson two-armed loader with the trip-bucket on the Super A now, and I've got the IH-1000 single-arm with the hydraulic bucket sitting on a pallet waiting to get into some action...

So which one has more capacity to lift? I like the bigger bucket on the IH and the hydraulic bucket instead of the trip, but is the single arm weaker than the double arm?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:53 pm

allen,
check the size of the pistons on each model loader, you can do a rough calculation on how much force the loader will have. the larger the piston size the more force the cylinder will exert. i have never seen the ih 1000 loader in action but i have rented mini bobcat things with one arm loaders and they worked great. why cant you have a loader on each tractor? ( i wish i had your delimma :lol: ) from your other posts, it is clear that you can make stuff and you can probably mount a bracket and cylinder on your henderson to eliminate the trip mechanism.
john

gitractorman
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14072
eBay ID: toysforjake
Tractors Owned: Lots of Cub Cadets!
1951 Farmall Cub
1977 IH Cub
1966 IH Cub
1965 IH Lo Boy
1964 IH Lo Boy
1949 Farmall Cub
Several IH 154 Lo Boys
1979 IH 184 Lo Boy
Simplicity 4416 Sovereign
Simplicity Conquest
Simplicity Legacy 4x4 Diesel
Mitsubishi MT180D 4x4 Diesel
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby gitractorman » Wed Jul 19, 2006 6:13 am

Allen,
I'm pretty sure that the IH and Henderson have the same lift capacity. You should be able to find the specs in Rudi's manuals, as I'm pretty sure he has a manual for each. The real lifting capacity limit is the front spindles on the tractor.

Me, I'd go with the IH loader because I think it is a great design, and obviously it is IH. The Henderson just looks like something that was welded together in someone's shop (no offense to anyone). I especially dislike the trip bucket. Those are a total pain in the A.

On the other hand, maybe you need to go with the Henderson, and maybe I need to make another trip up to your place to pick up that 1000. :D

Bill
Cub Cadets 682, 1811, 1864, Simplicity Legacy XL 4x4 Diesel with FEL, 60" mower, 50" Tiller

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:20 pm

I have a couple loaders here. One is on my H and I have a spare the other sits at my brothers and its the same as a cub loader but different #s it may have went on an A. I have had the loader on my H for about 10 years now and could not live without it.With my bad back its a life saver. The only problem is its a nightmare to take off and put on so this tractor can never be used for anything with hyd. You can put the loader up and lock it and unhook the hyd but thats a pain also.
JON

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Postby allenlook » Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:39 pm

Exactly. My issue is not money so much as it is time, and I need something that consumes less time, so both loaders must go, along with everything else.

I'll have to find something, anything that is "quick-connect", which means a tractor with 3-point implements and a quick-attach loader, backhoe, etc...
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:25 am

Have you checked into the motana tractor company? At least i think thats the name they are made in US I guess and they sell them up north like lowelville or adams or something. The only problem is they are the wrong color.LOL
JON

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:03 pm

Montana tractors are built in S. Korea with some final assembly in Arkansas. I can't speak to the quality.
http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/stories/2006/02/27/story4.html
http://southeastfarmpress.com/mag/farming_montana_new_breed/index.html

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”