This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Front mount snow blade for IH 140

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Steve C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Front mount snow blade for IH 140

Postby Steve C » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:09 pm

Hi-

I have an opportunity to buy a front mount snow blade for my IH 140. I believe that this was designated a Model 60 blade. Unfortunately, the heavy steel plate at the lower front of the blade is in poor condition. Is a new front edge plate available from any supplier?

I called the local Case/IH dealer. The response was negative. It seems to me that I have heard of this item being available for the 54" Cub blade, but there are many more of the Cub blades out there. Has anyone adapted a 60" plate from Cub parts?

The model 60 blade is selling at auction tomorrow afternoon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve
Steve
1975 IH 140; 1976 IH Cub, for mowing

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:11 pm

Steve, Try another dealer if you can. I believe the blade edge is still available. Worst case scenario you should be able to find one for a modern pick-up style blade and cut it down as necessary,
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:25 pm

Do we have a part number?
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559

Postby Matt Kirsch » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:29 pm

The proper technical term for that plate is "CUTTING EDGE."

Heck, it's nothing special, just a piece of sorta-hard steel in most cases. As long as an edge is straight, any hunk of plate that's close in dimensions to the stocker will work just fine.

Are you sure its shot? Most cutting edges are reversible by flipping them top for bottom.

Steve C
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Steve C » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:53 pm

Thanks for the help. I called JP Tractor Salvage - they said that a 60" cutting edge should be available at a local tractor/farm supply outlet. The bolt holes may not line up, but it would be servicable.

I believe that another call or visit to the Case/IH dealer would be worthwhile. For some reason, I think that I remember someone having purchased a 54" edge for a Cub at an IH dealer.

I'll get a chance to see the unit tomorrow afternoon at the auction. All I know now is that the auctioneer stated that the cutting edge is in poor shape.

Thanks again- Steve
Steve

1975 IH 140; 1976 IH Cub, for mowing

Clark Thompson
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36310
Tractors Owned: 1975 IH cub,1948 farmall cub,1979 international 3200 skid steer and a 1974 John deere 350B dozer.

Postby Clark Thompson » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:04 pm

:idea: has the cutting edge been turned over yet? As far as i know just about every cutting edge that bolts on anything can be turned over. It will be just like new then!!
Collector of Farmall cubs and cub cadets.Injoy helping people keep their cubs running. Years of experipnce.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:15 pm

Steve:

My Blades Parts Manual does not list a blade specifically for the 140, but it does list the 60" - A-60 Blade for the Super A which is the letter series equivalent if I am thinking correctly.

That would mean the cutting edge part # would be 650 329 R2 and most CaseIH Dealers can get the cutting edges... they are not a difficult item to get. My dealer was still able to get Cub cutting edges if needed, as mine appeared to be in need of one. Didn't realize that even after 40 years of sitting on a pallet, it was still in top notch shape.

Clark is also right.. like a planer knife, you can flip em and you have a brand new edge to play with. Check it out before you spend schekles needlessly...
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”