Super A Rear Rockershaft

Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:38 pm

I've seem some Super A's with a rear rockershaft. I have none on my Super A, but it looks like I'll need one to put on a 3-pt hitch conversion?

While my Cub has one little arm sticking out, the Super A's I've seen have two large arms, curved downard at the ends and with two holes through them flatwise on the curved tips. It looks like the 3-pt conversion kits hook into these arms at the top.

Was this only supplied as part of the Fast-Hitch, or is this what is known as a 2-pt. hitch? Or...?

Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:53 pm

Allen, this isn't a very good picture of my Super A 3 point, but it shows the arms you are talking about. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the rockshaft was standard equipment on the Super A. At least I've never seen one without it unless it was taken off. There are a couple on e-bay now I think. I've seen them go for over a hundred dollars down to 50 dollars. I just gave one away. The Super A had a square tool bar on the rear that you had to bolt the plows to, but it still required the rockshaft. But even back in the 50s you could get your dealer to install an after market 3 point if you paid him enough. This 3 point can be made for a hundred dollars or less. The rockshaft will be the most expensive piece. If you would like more pictures, I can e-mail you all you want. Image

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:20 pm

This one may show it a little better. Image


Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:34 pm

Yeah Merlin, that's it! Sorry to hear you just gave one away, I'd have gladly paid you for it. I just saw one of those on eBay but it was for $250, which is too much for me to pay!

If you can show me some pics of that 3-pt for $100, that would be awesome! The ones on eBay are going for $450 and up!

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:29 pm

That is the rear rockshaft from before Fast-Hitch came along. It was not a standard part of the tractor but was a separate attachment required for many implements -- just like the one arm roackshaft on the Cub.

Can't find it

Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:46 pm

Is there any specific name for it? I can't find it on Wenger's or the other sites that have search features, and I can't seem to find it in the Parts Manual either. :(

Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:33 am

The part numbers for the rockshaft would be in the various implement parts manuals that require it.

If I can remember to tonight, :oops: I'll look it up and post it.



Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:14 pm

Super A, is there a specific manual for Super A implements, just as there is one for the Cub?