This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Will an A drawbar fit a Super A?

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Will an A drawbar fit a Super A?

Postby allenlook » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:23 am

I need a rear drawbar for my Super A - will the one from an A fit?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:33 am

Maybe. You will probably have to remove the studs and conical head nuts from the rear end and use cap screws to attach it and make it work. YOu will be much happer with a real Super A drawbar. It is much easier to put on, take off, and adjust.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

allenlook
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 12020

Postby allenlook » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:35 am

If it were the difference between $20 and $250 would you do it anyway?
Searchable Cub Parts Database and Manual Galleries at www.farmallcub.info - Computerized Carving at www.bitcarving.com

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Super A » Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:40 am

Yes. Usually when I start trying to make something "work" I end up spending more and I'm never fully satisfied with the results. Also I think you can beat $250 for a complete Super A drawbar.

The A drawbar should be the same width. It won't have as many holes in it, not that it's all that important. But as mentioned you will probably have some "issues" attaching it. The quick attach studs on the Super A are not fun to take out.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”