This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Farmall A valves stuck open

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Farmall A valves stuck open

Postby Gary Dotson » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:01 am

If it’s anything like the BN head on my bench, the valves seat needed an extreme touch-up. A good machine shop would have replaced all the seats and probably the valves and springs, too, but since this will not be a serious work tractor, I just made the best of what is there. This one had several stuck valves, as well. It’s going back together with valve seals, which the 113 engine never had. Good luck on yours!

darkeagle10x
Zip Code: 14891

Re: Farmall A valves stuck open

Postby darkeagle10x » Sun Dec 03, 2023 7:34 pm

Finally some progress being made. I though I was all set and discovered the gasket I had was very close but not quite the right one so ordered and waited for the new to arrive. Which it did, along with cold weather and hunting season. Got a good start on hunting and then we had a warm spell so the head is on and torqued. Now I need to learn how to set valves/lifters or whatever the proper terminology is. I'll try looking for a YouTube on that.