This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Carburetor Preferences on Super A

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
R.D.Owens
Zip Code: 12571
Tractors Owned: 1950 Super AV "Truman"
1951 Super AV "Dewey"
1976 Cub "Carter"

Carburetor Preferences on Super A

Postby R.D.Owens » Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Hello everyone. I'm new here and have a lot to learn about old Farmalls. Why? Well I just purchased two Super AVs. I"ll post pictures when I get them home. One of the tractors is not yet in any condition to be moved. It is missing one front wheel rim and has one rear wheel that is too rusted to try to move. It will probably take a bit of time to source new wheels, especially the front one. The AV front rims seem to be scarce as hen's teeth. Neither have run for years, but they have been stored indoors, the engines on both turn freely and they both have the full cultivator set ups. Who knows what I've gotten myself into, but hopefully I can make one good running tractor for cultivating. Who knows, maybe if I'm lucky I can get both of them running again. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions over the next few months as I try to bring one of them back to life.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out what parts to order in to have on hand to begin. In addition to ignition tune up stuff, I'm trying to figure out fuel issues. One of them has an old Carter UT carburetor. Is it worth trying to rebuild that carb? The rebuild kits are darned expensive so I'm wondering if I should just use that money to buy a new USA-made Zenith or one of the cheaper Marvel reproductions. Any advice would be appreciated.

Here's a close up of the Carter carb and one of the two AVs.
IMG_1055.jpg
Attachments
IMG_1052.jpg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Carburetor Preferences on Super A

Postby tst » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:18 pm

welcome to the forum, we are neighbors, I am in Clinton Corners, they can be rebuilt probably, better quality then the Chinese repro's as far as I am concerned, I can help you with that if needed
Tim

R.D.Owens
Zip Code: 12571
Tractors Owned: 1950 Super AV "Truman"
1951 Super AV "Dewey"
1976 Cub "Carter"

Postby R.D.Owens » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:47 pm

Thanks, Tim. We are indeed neighbors. I'm a bit north of you in Milan. I bought the tractors from a fellow down in Pleasant Valley. SO they've been in Dutchess County for a while.

Any suggestion on a source for a rebuild kit for the Carter. I found a kit on Steiner's website. It ain't cheap, though.

Richard

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:38 pm

R.D.Owens wrote:Any suggestion on a source for a rebuild kit for the Carter. I found a kit on Steiner's website. It ain't cheap, though.

https://www.thecarburetorshop.com/
I have an excuse. CRS.

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514

Postby tst » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:28 pm

McDonald Carburetor in GA, they have a web site, if you do not see what you want call him, he has it

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”