This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

How many Super A's with the distilate engine

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Riverman
Zip Code: 72801

How many Super A's with the distilate engine

Postby Riverman » Wed May 13, 2020 7:52 pm

Does any body know how many Super A's were produced with the distillate engine installed. Those had the shutter in front of the radiator. No water pump. Adjustable heat manifold. A small fuel tank used to starting on gasoline. And a adjustable main jet on the carb.

I have one in working condition. Have not see another complete. Wonder how many were made.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: How many Super A's with the distilate engine

Postby Jim Becker » Wed May 13, 2020 8:21 pm

Nobody knows, but probably not many on a percentage basis. By the time the Super A came out, tractor fuel was well on its way to being a thing of the past.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: How many Super A's with the distilate engine

Postby Super A » Wed May 13, 2020 8:47 pm

Riverman wrote:Does any body know how many Super A's were produced with the distillate engine installed. Those had the shutter in front of the radiator. No water pump. Adjustable heat manifold. A small fuel tank used to starting on gasoline. And a adjustable main jet on the carb.

I have one in working condition. Have not see another complete. Wonder how many were made.

I have one, a '48 model. From what I've seen on the internet, they seem to be more common the further south you go, but as Jim said, probably not that many.

Also as a point of clarification, no Super A had a factory water pump. The Super A-1s in late '54 did.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”