Removing hydraulic lift from Super A

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
farmalllove
Zip Code: 16137
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall cub with international plow, snow plow, cultivators, and mower.
1953 Farmall Super A with hydraulic lift, flat belt Buzz-Saw, Snow plow, bucket, and cultivators.

Removing hydraulic lift from Super A

Postby farmalllove » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:07 am

I have a Super A which has a hydraulic lift on it. I am wanting to remove it for a couple months to do some work on it, replace hydraulic hoses and put new seals in the rams.
IMG_0890.JPG
What I am wondering is what the procedure would be for removing the hydraulic lift for now. When I get the tractor placed where I want to drop the lift, where will I drain the hydraulic fluid from? Would I cap the ends of the hydraulic lines to the lift to keep the fluid inside them, and sealed? The lift is run off of a separate valve supplied by the manifold on the side of the hydraulic block. Everything is connected directly, without quick-connects. Additionally, if anyone can give me more information on the hydraulic lift on the tractor that'd be great too. I haven't been able to find any information on it, and have only seen a photo of another Super A with a similar setup. I am only the third owner of this tractor, I inherited it from my grandfather. He purchased the tractor in the mid sixties with the lift on and was told that it was made by IH. I will post some more pictures up close if needed.
Successful people don't have fewer problems. They have determined that nothing will stop them from going forward.
-Benjamin Carson-

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Removing hydraulic lift from Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Mar 15, 2020 11:45 am

I’m fairly certain that it is not an IH loader, but may be a Twin-Draulic. Couldn’t find any manuals for it on this website, so you may want to do an internet search to see what you find.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39
Circle of Safety

farmalllove
Tractors Owned: 1952 Farmall cub with international plow, snow plow, cultivators, and mower.
1953 Farmall Super A with hydraulic lift, flat belt Buzz-Saw, Snow plow, bucket, and cultivators.

Postby farmalllove » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:38 pm

It looks like it it probably a Henderson.
Successful people don't have fewer problems. They have determined that nothing will stop them from going forward.
-Benjamin Carson-

farmalllove

Postby farmalllove » Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:45 pm

Alright, i got it taken off, no need for any further posts.
-Benjamin Carson-