This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

SA Engine Rebuild

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Alex Hart
Zip Code: 31551

SA Engine Rebuild

Postby Alex Hart » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:31 am

For those who have used A&I ring kits for the SA, are you supposed to re use the band behind the original wiper ring or are you supposed to renew it? Also on the wiper ring, do I keep the spring in the ring or remove it? Thanks

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

tst
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 12514
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: SA Engine Rebuild

Postby tst » Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:17 pm

what are the new rings, is the oil ring one piece or 3 piece,3 piece would not use the spacer

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:11 pm

The ring package(s) should show how to install all of the rings in the kit. If that fails, get on the manufacturers web site for more information.

You remove all of the parts to the oil control ring, clean up the ring grooves, do not reuse old parts.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Alex Hart
Zip Code: 31551

Postby Alex Hart » Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:58 am

Eugene, the rings package is very smeared and unclear... by the way, I should point out that these pistons are the Fire Crater, if that makes a difference... but on the bottom most ring, the wiper ring, there are two, very thin rings that go above and below the wiper. Also, there is what seems to be a band BEHIND the rings, MY question is, do i reuse that band or discard it? I cant find anything like them anywhere so I have no clue.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:30 pm

Use the piston ring set as they came in the package.

Do not reuse parts from the old ring set. I read you post as if you are thinking about using parts from your old piston rings.

They do manufacture a 4 piece ring set which includes a band that goes in the back of the ring groove. Next would be the expander, then the two thin rings, one on top and one on the bottom of the expander.

Which ring set, as in who manufactured the rings for the Fire Crater pistons? If this was a piston kit, you may no be able to determine who manufactured the rings.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”