This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

140 Alternator Conversion

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Alex Hart
Zip Code: 31551

140 Alternator Conversion

Postby Alex Hart » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:26 pm

Hi folks, hope you all had a Merry Christmas! I think yesterday was the only day in the past 2 months that I haven't put in at least 2 hours working on my old tractors :lol: These things have been giving me a fit lately... I get one working good, fix another one, and as soon as I get the second one running good, the first one messes up lol, but anyways, my '66 140's generator finally went out and i'm about to convert it to a single wire alternator. My question is: Since it is a single wire alternator, what do I need to do in terms of re-wiring, aka the voltage regulator and such? Any ideas or tips will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: 140 Alternator Conversion

Postby Eugene » Thu Dec 26, 2019 9:20 pm

There are a number of explanations and diagrams on this site that should answer most, if not all of your questions.

Try searching for single wire alternator.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”