This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

140 Rewire

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Saucymynx
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 49816

140 Rewire

Postby Saucymynx » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:01 pm

Well, i have my first major ( major to me anyway :-) ) project behind me. When I bought my little beast none of the lights worked and the ignition switch was balky. I removed the battery to check the switch and found all the wire rotten - the cotton insulation had dissolved. After searching through the posts here, I ordered a complete wiring harness from Brillman. Ordering was easy and it came quickly. I ordered new switches as well. I thought the project was going to be a lot more involved than it was. I did the entire rewire, something I have never done before, in about five hours. And she started on the first crank! The only minor issues I had were having to switch out some of the connectors at the ignition switch and routing the wiring harness across the front of the engine. The harness I removed was tucked in behind the water pump outlet and there was no way to get a new harness through there. I found a safe alternate and it worked fine. Even the headlights and tail light work now! I have been having fun driving around after dark. I even did some real work with that over the weekend with the back blade I have for it. I did some grading to relieve a water issue and did some gravel work on my driveway. The only negative part of working with it is it is kind of a pain to get off and on. I took a few pictures to post but it keeps telling me they are too big. I couldn’t find anything about the size limit on the FAQ. Any help would be appreciated :-)

She still leaks oil like a sponge and I’m hoping it’s from the valve cover gasket. I have a new gasket set and I will swap that out some rainy Saturday. I’m still letting the recent trans oil change slosh around to try and dissolve some of the gunk in there. All in all, I am quite happy with this new addition to my tractor family

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”