This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Planter for a Farmall A

Farmall Super A, AV, 100, 130, & 140 1939 - 1973
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
abesaleh2011
Zip Code: 50249

Planter for a Farmall A

Postby abesaleh2011 » Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:33 pm

I recently came in possession of my great grandfathers 1941 Farmall A. The tractor runs well, and its nice to keep it in the family as he used it on his farm for many years. I am very new to tractors and implements alike. I have been trying to figure out what the best planter to tow behind the Farmall A would be, but many of the planters I find require a 3 point hitch. Any suggestions on what to be on the lookout for would be greatly appreciated! I am hoping to plant a small 1 acre plot of sweet corn with the kids next spring. The have been enjoying the tractor even more than I have!

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Re: Planter for a Farmall A

Postby SONNY » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:13 am

I used an IH 450 four row wide behind mine. also have a 450 cut down to 2 row wide. JD 490's are good too. the planter has to be ground driven lift , not hyd lift and you will never find one of these anymore. ---- ANY planter with either ground lift or hand lift will work if you can find one.
On my SA I made a 3-pt hitch for it , but on my A there is no hydraulics so that makes the tractor pretty much useless except for the hand lift woods mower that is on it.

Return to “Farmall A, Super A, AV, 100, 130 & 140”