Finish this topic later.

Test picture posting, polls, text formatting, signature blocks, etc. Test them here in the sandbox. The sandbox is emptied periodically.

Moderator: Team Cub

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Finish this topic later.

Postby Eugene » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:12 am

Will finish this topic later. Wife decided we are going to the gym. - - - - - - -

Since the topic is the IH built Cub Cadets.

Was at the hardware store picking up fuel line plumbing parts for a 105 (now 125) Cub Cadet. The woman behind the counter ask what I was working on. Told her a 50 year old lawn mower. She had a strange look on her face as if she didn't believe me.

Daughter brought this tractor down from Iowa because it wouldn't run. Exchanged tractors for one that I had gone thru a year or so earlier. I purchased the house daughter now owns in 1980 I think the tractor I sent back to Iowa came with the house.

Coil fixed the not start problem. Tie rod ends and steering cam follower will fix the steering slop. Couple of other minor issue and new front tires, will be good for another 50 years.

Guessing, a bit less than $200- for the tractor parts including tune up and complete service. New front tires and tubes will be the biggest expense.
Last edited by Eugene on Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Stanton
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Re: Finish this topic later.

Postby Stanton » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:55 am

Eugene wrote:Will finish this topic later. Wife decided we are going to the gym...

That statement alone opens up a whole slough of possibilities. Looking forward to THOSE stories. :D

Glad to hear you got your daughter's mower fixed. She brought it to the right man!
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

outdoors4evr
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48370
Tractors Owned: 184

Postby outdoors4evr » Wed Nov 27, 2019 10:31 am

Now too sore to work on tractors & honey-do list. Spending rest of the day at chiropractor & in front of TV.
184 w/ Creeper & 3-Point
IH 3160a Mower
IH Model 15 Tiller
IH-54 Blade

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:10 pm

Wife and I visit the gym almost every day. Alternate, walk one day, next day weight room. Outstanding gym at the local state tech college. Membership costs around $240- a year, combined/total for wife and I.

Parts for narrow framed Cub Cadets are getting expensive if purchased from a retailer. The button to release the mechanical lift is $24- plus shipping. New center pulley for 42" mower deck is $124-.

I've been looking for narrow framed parts tractors for quite some time. They are getting hard to find. Those advertised on the internet are way more than I want to spend. Guessing folks are rebuilding them for their antique tractor appeal.
I have an excuse. CRS.

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:01 pm

Is going to gym more exercise than building fence, cutting trees, etc.?

talking about the price of parts for the older Cadets, makes me wonder if you might be ahead to buy a newer one, though I know that goes against the grain for you. :D
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor

Postby Eugene » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:19 pm

John:

Gym, then the acreage for more physical labor. Keeps the weight down.

Buying new stuff. Not a chance if I can repair it for way less than a new one costs. Heck, I'm still driving a 1995 Dodge pickup. When the engine dies, I'm going to spend maybe $5000- for a factory rebuilt engine. In this part of Missouri, $5000- won't even buy a used pickup.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Return to “Testing Forum (sandbox)”