More old inner tube uses

Wed May 29, 2013 3:30 pm

I had to replace the inner tube in our ancient Honda SL-70 motorcycle.
Was thinking about uses for the old tube.
I cut some about 2" wide for "tail" keepers - the tail being that leftover length of the 2" tie-down straps after you are all cinched up on the trailer.
While cutting those, I made a few narrower ones to straighten out the curve in the tube and found a good use for them.
To hold the cords on my grinders.

Cord holder.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: More old inner tube uses

Wed May 29, 2013 6:16 pm

What a good idea! Thanks, Dave.

Looks to be "Tip of the Week."

Wed May 29, 2013 6:18 pm

Cut up old tractor inner tubes into rubber bands. Used them to hang garden hoses and as the attachment (looped around trunk) to straighten young black walnut trees.

Thu May 30, 2013 1:49 pm

Eugene wrote:Cut up old tractor inner tubes into rubber bands. Used them to hang garden hoses and as the attachment (looped around trunk) to straighten young black walnut trees.
A couple of good ideas Eugene. :D

Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:56 pm

Couple pics of the strap tail holders in use.

strap tail rubbers 1.jpg

strap tail rubbers 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:15 pm

Hey, I like that. I'm going to copy that idea. It'll also keep them nicely coiled up when not in use so when I pull them out of my bed mounted toolbox I won't have a rats nest.

Thanks,
Rick :big smile:

Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:24 am

Great ideas....

Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:24 am

Also good for covering up the jaws of Vice Grips and other aggressive teeth when you don't want to damage the surface you are working on.