This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

My implement bolt solution

How to fix them and how to use them.
Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

My implement bolt solution

Postby Former Member » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:40 pm

I needed some drawbar bolts the other day, and had forgotten how expensive they could be. I was also in a hurry and did not want to wait for shipping, nor did I want to pay for shipping.

So, here is my solution.

I started off by going to TSC and buying 8, 5/8"x2" grade 5 bolts with matching nuts. The grade 5's are threaded all the way to the shoulder of the bolt head.

I took 1 of the nuts and screwed it on a little ways.

Then I screwed the other on, locking the two together. Notice the outside bolt is only on about 3/4 of the way.

I did this so that I could use my bench grinder to take off each corner of the nut, without messing with the threads of the bolt. Once the corners were off, I used the fine wheel to smooth everything out, making a nice taper.

By using the 2" long bolt, it gives enough room for the nut. Once the bolt is screwed into the hole tight(not too tight) the nut can then be tightened down, securing the implement.

It seems to be working great, and by doing this, you don't get that one long implement bolt where it don't fit.

The 8 bolts and nuts were less than $1 each.

Hope this helps someone else out.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Implements”