This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Blade Cart - How To

How to fix them and how to use them.
Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Blade Cart - How To

Postby Bill Hudson » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:11 pm

Donny asked for pictures and Rudi asked for a "How To," so here goes.

I was getting an L-54 blade disassembled and ready for storage (for a while) before Cub Express shipment to Georgia. I had placed the blade on a furniture mover with the concave side up. Since I had another blade to store, for myself, and necessity is the mother of invention I built a Blade Cart out of an old bed frame and four leftover casters. The cart is one inch longer in each dimension (L & W) than the blade. The rascal looks like this:

This is the detail of the caster placement. Notice the ring welded between the casters. I will use this to keep the hook in place when I load the cart and blade on a tilt bed trailer.

This is what it looks like when it is all loaded up.

Boy does it work slick. Sure beats moving the blade the hard way.

I used angle iron but wood would work as well. Hope this helps others out.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Implements”