With many of us going to shows with a mower and such, we want to be safe with a mower. As has been suggested i have built a mower guard for my 4 1/2 foot c-22 mower. The basic principle of this guard will remain the same, just the length will be different.
1. using 1x8 standard pine board, cut two pieces to 52"
2. Rip two pieces that are two inches wide and 52" long.
3. Using 3" wood screws (decking screws) square up all four boards and screw together.
4. Paint to suit your tastes.
5. Procure 6 eye hooks
6. Install them in equal thirds on the bottom of the guard.
7. Install on your mower, and using a long bungy cord, wrap around the hooks.