Such is the problem with the Guide Lens for the Tear Drop Lights. They are expensive to replace with repros, and almost impossible to find as originals So here is my solution to prevent breakage.
- How To Make A Tear Drop Lens Storage Case
- Save a 50 CD Storage Spindle Tower Case. Make sure you keep the little foam washers and the clear CD blanks.
- Cut off the centre spindle on the band saw or with a Flush Cut Hand Saw
- Take 5 Foam Spacers and place between the base and the first lens.
- Place and additonal 2 Foam Spacers between each lens. I have 3 for storage, but you can fit up to 5 Lenses in one Spindle Tower Case.
- Replace the Spindle Tower Case Cover and put your Lenses safely away in storage.