This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Allen head cap bolts

Any other helpful tips you may have.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Allen head cap bolts

Postby BigBill » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:33 am

I noticed that allen heads were mentioned in another post. Working and restoring motorcyles for the past 10+ years I ran into many stripped allen socket cap screws. I take a flat nosed punch and pein the socket opening in to close it up. Then i take the allen wrench and drive it into the screw to make a new hex. It comes out tight so you can remove the screw or pipe plug. I did this in hard to reach screws too with a longer punch and i used an allen hex socket with an extention to extract the screw. This has saved my butt and the motorcyle many times. This happens a lot on dirtbikes when they hit rocks. Its a great trick to know.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Miscellaneous Ideas”