This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Tool for Touch Control Rebuild

Splitting stand, mounting stands, etc, etc.
Dale Finch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27517
Tractors Owned: '51 Cub #140966 "Bruno" with Woods 59 mower
'55 Cub #187541 "Betty" with Fast Hitch
'55 Cub #190482 "Ben" with Woods 42 mower
'55 Cub #191739 "Bertha" with Woods 42 mower
'56 Cub #194370 "Boris" with Mott Flail mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Tool for Touch Control Rebuild

Postby Dale Finch » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:08 pm

I was rebuilding my TC Block (#360 713R1) and when I tried to remove the Check Valve, I was unable to extract the Inner Check Valve Bushing (#52 http://www.cleancomputes.com/Cub/Cub%20Parts%20Manuals/TC-37F%20Revision%202%20(09-70)//Hydraulic%20System/Page-187.jpg )

I tried cutting down a small allen wrench (as I did successfully for the Pressure Regulator Valve) and prying it up, but it absolutely would not budge. The Service Manual mentions using snap ring plyers, but the center hole is very small, and mine would not fit. So, I ground down a piece of scrap rod and using vice grips with a small block of wood, was finally able to pry it out.

Then there was a Cylinder Head Plug that I wanted to remove for cleaning, and although the manual said it was 1/4", I had no tool that fit it. (It was a square hole about 5/16") So I went back to the above rod and ground the other end square to fit the plug.

Now I have a 2-in-1 Handy Dandy TC tool, tagged and stored in my "Specialty Tools" drawer!! I was VERY pleased after having fussed with it for hours!
Dale Finch
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Specialty tools”