This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Crankshaft Wrench

Splitting stand, mounting stands, etc, etc.
ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

Crankshaft Wrench

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:35 pm

A cub engine I bought a few years ago, seized up,in storage. I put Kroil in the cylinders, but was not able to free it, by cranking it. Without a bolster, to support the crank, you can't apply much torque. I devised a tool, attached at the flywheel end,of the crankshaft, from some scrap steel. One hole slips onto the alignment pin, and two bolts secure it, to the crankshaft.

One tug, on the secure handle, freed the engine. The engine was securely mounted on an engine stand, during this procedure.
A flywheel was used as a template,to align the holes. I used a mall scrap of approximately 3x4x1/4 inch stock welded to a scrap of "T" shaped stock,about 2 feet long, but it could be made of one piece of flat stock, if you don't have a welder. Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Specialty tools”