This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Oil Draining

Time saving tips to keep your Cub running smooth
WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Oil Draining

Postby WKPoor » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:21 pm

Well I don't know if this is really a tip but it solved an oil draining problem for me today and it might work well for others. I was changing the oil an a Cub Cadet with the deck on and I didn't want to remove the deck and finding a suitable pan eluded me also. Tada!! A one gallon zip lock baggy filled the bill. You can snake it in anywhere and after it fills just zip it up and than pull it out without spilling a drop. How many times before had I struggled with machinery where the drain plug was in the worst place possible. The bag can be made to fit just about anywhere. I actually came up with this a couple of weeks ago will trying to capture the oil from a filter inside a cowling. There wasn't enough room for a pan but the bag could lay down flat.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:55 am

Sounds good. Thanks for the tip.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

Carm
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 21234
Tractors Owned: 1947 FCub 1948 FCub (FrankenCub), 1949 C, 1952 SA, 1963 IH 3414 Backhoe Diesel, 1960 Oliver 880 Diesel, 1945 Mack EF Fire Truck
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Carm » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:37 am

When draining the oil on some planes, I stop by the FBO to get ice bags. I dont put the oil in them, just use it to cath the oil and oil filter. Sorta the same thing.

Return to “Engine, Clutch, Transmission and Hydraulics”